Engineering Team Lead - Full Stack/MERN Stack (India Remote)
RemoteIndia, Telangāna, Hyderabad
Who Are We
We are Virtual Internships, an EdTech startup on a mission to bridge the gap between education and the workplace by making internships accessible to all.
Over the last four years, we’ve established partnerships with 12,000+ companies, 100+ universities, and supported thousands of students and graduates in becoming more employable via our online work experience product.
We are a team of 130+ across 25+ countries, and recently secured our Series A funding from investors such as Hambro Perks, Sequoia Capital, Kaplan, Arsenal Growth, and Ascend Vietnam Ventures who have collectively guided the likes of Google, Linkedin, WhatsApp, Canva, Udemy, and Applyboard.
Our 2022 awards include:
Ranked 23rd out of 13,000 organizations in The Escape 100: the top purposeful organisations to ‘escape’ to in 2022
Tech in Asia’s “Top 50 Rising Startups” (No.6 in Vietnam)
Top100 EdTechStartup Selected by HolonIQ
Finalist for Go:Tech Awards
What you will do
Joining us at this early stage will enable you to:
- Build reliable, scalable and secured cloud-based production platforms
- Develop and maintain the back-end (Node.js) and the front-end (React.js) of the applications of the company (~80% of the time).
- Proactively ensure a high standard of engineering by developing and maintaining team standards, documentation, tools, and best practices.
- Excel as an engineer and be a productive member of the team where leadership is a behavioural trait, not a title.
- Work closely with other participants in the team: product manager, developers (internals and externals), testers, designers, data scientists, etc.
- Define stories & tasks for the implementations, assigning for the closure for the tasks and responsible for key technical and product decisions.
- Participate in the hiring and onboarding of engineers.
- Extreme collaboration within our teams in Vietnam and India
What we are looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred - a must
- Minimum of 6+ years of development experience in Node JS, React JS.
- Hands on experience in building and operating cloud native applications and services on AWS/GCP
- Must have experience in automation for CI/CD - Terraform (Git /Jenkins / Cloud Formation a plus)
- Thorough understanding of the Request Lifecycle (including Event Queue, Event Loop, Worker Threads, etc).
- Expertise in Web Services REST APIs
- Expertise with database like MySQL, MongoDB
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks
- Team player with a can do attitude.
Good to have
- Experience building products for large or medium scale enterprise (B2B) customers
- Good technical competency and an understanding of working with cross functional teams Excellent focus on attention to detail and strong quantitative skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Capable of leading globally distributed team members who might have different skill sets from your own, and be located in different time zones.
- Ability to lead daily scrums will be good to have.
- Having worked as a full stack engineer or developer in a product organization.
- Experience with a (any) set of incredible tools for product development and task management.
Consider this our wish-list. We know there will be great candidates that don't meet every one of these criteria—if you're passionate about the role and have early-stage startup experience, we'd still love to hear from you.
What do we offer ?
One of our core values at Virtual Internships is transparency. That’s why, we’re giving you the opportunity to ‘try before you apply’ in our “VI-P Guide” which includes our values, how we operate, how we build our packages, and how we interview.
To give you an example of some of our perks and benefits:
Flexible Working Hours - start earlier, leave earlier, take a shorter lunch or leave a bit later, it's totally up to you.
Remote First - work from anywhere, with a budget to support your remote setup
Learn from the world’s best - access to exclusive content including how-to guides and playbooks from Sequoia/500Global backed organisations
Professional Development Budget - dedicated budget towards content/platforms/courses that can contribute to your professional growth
Swag - delivered to your door
Impact - we’re still at an early-stage, so your impact is magnified. You will likely be solving something that hasn’t already been solved or you will be taking something to an entirely new level !
Meritocracy - a culture that prides itself on internal promotions and meritocracy. The majority of our managerial team have risen up (quickly), including our COO, CAO, CFO, Head of Host Companies, and Head of Intern Experience